I’m starting a new feature, a garden report, to give me a sense of what happens throughout the year.
- Tomatoes are all succumbing to blight
- Fortus beans are all done bearing
- peppers have small fruits and blossoms; jalapenos are looking the most successful
- the cheap marigolds are robust and blooming
- young filet beans are beginning to fruit
- eggplants – one is flowering
- added sand, leaf mulch and composted manure to the middle bed and dug it in.
- yanked a lot of bindweed and quack grass
- tossed several fat slugs over the fence
- harvested one potato and one tiny tomato